VTS 3.4.2 “Moon”
The latest VTS release is called “Moon”, you can download it from the links below.
What’s new ? Please see the full changelog for this release.
Windows (7, 10)
Linux (CentOS 6, 7)
VTS is known to work in other major Linux distributions although not officially supported.
To install an external VTS plugins simply copy its folder into
VTS 3.4.2 is based on
Qt 5.12 (LGPL). Binaries and the complete code source of
Qt 5.12 can be found from here:
- Code source: https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt5.git/refs/tags
- Binaries: https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/
Qt’s LGPL licence can be found here: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/lgpl.html
Older versions of VTS can be downloaded from the links below.
VTS 3.3.1 “Ozone”
VTS 3.3.0 “Ozone”
VTS 3.2 “Zenith”
VTS 3.1.1 “Kourou”
VTS 3.0.2 “OmniView”
VTS 2.7 “Doris”
PrestoPlot on Linux 64bit
If PrestoPlot fails to start on a Linux 64-bit machine, check for an error message in the Broker log tab. PrestoPlot is a 32-bit binary so it might return the following message :
PrestoPlot : Apps/PrestoPlot/bin/prestoplot.lnx: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
- Install the libX11 library with its dependencies (libXau, libxcb) in a 32-bit version. On yum-based systems, type:
sudo yum install libX11.i686
Celestia dependencies on Linux
If Celestia fails to start, have a look in the Broker log:
- The libpng 1.2 library might be missing
- Install the libpng12 library. On yum-based systems, type:
sudo yum install libpng12
- The libjpeg 62 library might be missing
- Install the libjpeg62 library. On yum-based systems, type:
sudo yum install libjpeg62
If KeplerianGenerator fails to start, please verify that you have a valid Java 8 Runtime Environment (JRE 1.8.0) installed.
Only 32bit JRE is supported on Windows.